Met. litʹe Ukr., 2019, Tom 27, №10-12, P.64-73
A.V. Mishchenko, Applicant, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine (Dnipro, Ukraine)
The article is devoted to the issues of calibration and durability of the deforming tool of cold rolling tube mill (CRTM) in the production of titanium alloy pipes. The state and tendencies of methods of construction of calibrations for cold rolling of pipes from alloys based on titanium are analyzed. The main types of calibrations, their advantages and disadvantages, as well as the tasks that are set before modern calibrations are considered. Conclusions and recommendations directly related to improving the quality of cold-rolled pipes made of titanium alloys by increasing the accuracy of their dimensions are noted. The data on the influence of the size of the camber on the accuracy of rolled pipes in the CRTM was analyzed. The analysis compared calibrations based on the cross-sectional geometry of the Cassini ellipse and oval. The highlighted advantages of Cassini oval will improve the accuracy of the cross-section of rolled pipes and provide many opportunities for the distribution of crimps in the design of calibrations. This allows the Cassini oval to be recommended for use as a cross-sectional profile of calibres. The relevance of closed solutions in the qualitative analysis of the influence of the planned technological regimes of the cold rolling process of pipes on the choice of the width of the gauges is considered. The investigation of the dependence of the volume of rolled tubes from titanium alloys from wear calibres CRTM was carried out. Dependences of wear resistance of gauge on volumes of rolled pipes from titanium alloys are defined that showed the evident influence of the chemical composition of the material of gauges on their wear resistance during work. The results obtained in the course of the research allowed us to represent a number of important conclusions on the possibility of developing methods for constructing calibrations of working tools of CRTM and to suggest recommendations for improving the wear resistance of calibres during cold rolling of titaniumbased alloy pipes.
Keywords: Pipes, titanium, alloys, cold rolling of pipes, calibration of rolling tools, Cassini oval, wear resitance of calibres.
1. Orro, P.I., Osada, Ya.E. (1951). Production of steel thin-walled seamless pipes. Har'kov – Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 416 p.
2. Koff, Z.A., Solovejchik, P.M., Aleshin, V.A., Grinshpun, M.І. (1962). Cold rolling pipes. Sverdlovsk: Metallurgizdat, 430 p.
3. Shevakin, Yu.F. (1963). Calibration and efforts during cold rolling of pipes. Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 269 p. [in Russian].
4. Frolov, V.F., Danchenko, V.N., Frolov, Ya.V. (2005). Cold pilger tube rolling. Monograph. Dnіpropetrovs'k: "Porogi", 255 p.
5. Grigorenko, V.U., Pilipenko, S.V., Golovchenko, O.P. (2015). Rositon to the method of calculation parameters in the process
of cold rolling pipe rolling and calibration of the tool. Dnіpropetrovs'k: "Porogi", 2127 p. [in Ukrainian].
6. Mishchenko, A.V. (2019). Status and development trends of the production of cold-rolled pipes from titanium-based alloys.
Metal and Casting of Ukraine, no. 3–4 (310–311), pp. 58–68 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/pmach2019.03.058
7. Meleshko, V.I., Chekmarev, A.P., Mazur, V.L., Kachajlov, A.P. (1975). Finishing the surface of the sheet. Moscow: Metallurgiya,
272 p. [in Russian].
8. Danchenko, V.N., Frolov, Ya.V. (2005). Development of the scientific foundations of the process of cold and warm pilger rolling.
Rozvytok teorії protsesіv vyrobnytstva trub. Dnіpropetrovs'k: Systemnі tekhnologії, pp. 134–156 [in Russian].
9. Kuznetsov, E.D. (2005). Development of the theory and practice of the production of precision steel pipes. Rozvytok teorії
protsesіv vyrobnytstva trub. Dnіpropetrovs'k: Systemnі tekhnologії, pp. 232–259 [in Russian].
10. Kuznetsov, D.E. (2013). Analysis of methods for calculating the width of calibers of CPT mills. Metallurgicheskaya i gornorudnaya
promyshlennost’, no. 5, pp. 50–51 [in Russian].
11. Pilipenko, S.V. (2016). The study of changes in the difference in the pipes during rolling at the HPT mill. Stal’, no. 3, pp. 32–37
[in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.24892/RIJEE/20160204
12. Korol', R.N., Amirov, I.M. (2007). Reserves of improving the accuracy and quality of pipes rolled on cold periodic rolling mills
(HPTR). Metal and Casting of Ukraine, no. 5, pp. 54–59 [in Russian].
13. Frolov, Ya.V., Dekhtiarev, V.S. (2009). Development of methods for calculating calibration of HPT mills. Metallurgicheskaya i
gornorudnaya promyshlennost', no. 2, pp. 52–54 [in Russian].
14. Kucherenko, V.R., Haustov, G.I., Korobochkin, I.Yu., Kekukh, S.N. (1979). The effect of reduction on the quality of the inner
surface of pipes during cold rolling. Metallurgical and mining industry, no. 2, pp. 19–20 [in Russian].
15. Ovchinnikov, D.V., Gorozhanin, P.Yu., Bodrov, A.Yu., Orlov, G.A., Ashkanov, S.E. (2014). Advanced calibration of rolls of a
continuous tube mill. Stal’, no. 9, pp. 50–52 [in Russian].
16. Osadchii, V.Ya., Safianov, A.V., Burakov, T.P. et al. (2016). Development and implementation of the technology for the
production of seamless pipes on TPA with a pilgrim mill in rolls of new calibrations. Stal', no. 2, pp. 38–42 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.3103/S096709121602011X
17. Mazur, V.L., Nogovitsyn, A.V. (2019). Theory and Technology of Sheet Rolling. Numerical Analysis and Applications, Boca
Raton: CRC Press, 479 p. URL: https://www.crcpress.com/Theory-and-Technology-of-Sheet-Rolling-Numerica...