The review describes the metal castings production using 3D-technologies. Some new ways of materials 3D-processing that are additive processes and represent the next step in environmental resource-saving production are mentioned. The examples of complex design patterns and casting with optimal combination of materials, durability and attractive appearance are shown. The described 3D high-tech processes expand the existing range of metal products and the possibility of its production.
3D-technology, reducing metal, additive manufacturing, engineering castings, 3D-printer, computer simulation, Lost Foam Casting
- Novosti VIAM [VIAM News]. – Retrieved from: http://viam.ru/news/2050 . [in Russian]
- Wohlers T., Caffrey T. (2016). Additive Manufacturing: The State of the Industry – AdvancedManufacturing.org, 5, 45-52.
- Shinskiy I. O., Doroshenko V. S. (2009). 3D tehnologii pri lit’e po gaziftsiruemyim modelyam [3D technology in the lost foam casting] Metall i lit'jo Ukrainy. – Metal and casting in Ukraine, 4-5, 30-31 [in Russian]
- Doroshenko V. S. (2008). Sposobyi polucheniya karkasnyih i yacheistyih lityih materialov i detaley po gaziftsiruemyim modelyam [Lost-Foam methods of aerated frames and cast materials and components producing]. Litejnoe proizvodstvo – Foundry, 9, 28-32. [in Russian].
- Shambley W. Prepare Your Technology Strategy for 3D Printing, Robotics, and the Cloud. – Foundry Management & Technology – Retrieved from: http://foundrymag.com/simulationit/prepare-your-technology-strategy-3d-printing-robotics-andcloud.
- The site of FIT West Corp. – Retrieved from: http://www.netfabb.com/additivedesignandmanufacturing.php .
- Brooks R. (13/10/2015). Breaking Barriers in Shape, Space, Material to Achieve Finished Parts. – F oundry Management & Technology. – Retrieved from: http://foundrymag.com/materials/ .
- Morris A. (01/11/2016). A New Way to Print 3-D Metals and Alloys. – Retrieved from: http://www.mccormick.northwestern.edu/ news/articles/2016/01/a-new-way-to-print-3-d-metals-and-alloys.html.
- 25 years of 3D printing at the BMW Group: Pioneers in Additive Manufacturing Methods. Press release BMW Group (2.12.2015) – Manufacturing Engineering. - Retrieved from: http://www.sme.org/MEMagazine/Article.aspx?id=8589937322.
- Doroshenko V. S. (2014). 3D tehnologii izgotovleniya otlivok kak primeryi additivnogo proizvodstva [3D technology of castings production as examples of additive manufacturing ] Metall i lit'jo Ukrainy. – Metal and casting in Ukraine, 12, 4-9 [in Russian].
- Doroshenko V. S., Shinskiy V. O. (2015). Modelirovanie otlivok kak obolochkovyih konstruktsiy s tselyu metallosberezheniya [Casting Modeling as shell structures to metal savings]. Metall i lit'jo Ukrainy. – Metal and casting in Ukraine, 6, 30-34. [in Russian].
- Doroshenko V. S. (2015). Analiz i identifkatsiya lityih legkovesnyih metallokonstruktsiy s ispolzovaniem teorii minimalnyih poverhnostey [Analysis and identifcation of light weight cast metal structures using the theory of minimal surfaces]. Metall i lit'jo Ukrainy. – Metal and casting in Ukraine, 11, 24-28. [in Russian].
Statements about the conditions for obtaining the full text of the article:
On a prepaid subscription magazine for 1 month.
You can get acquainted with the cost of a subscription on this page.